Intersections in Real Time

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Long Twilight Struggle

It might be helpful for you to know that you are not alone. And that in the long, twilight struggle, which lies ahead of us, there is the possibility of hope. - Draal
A man (or woman) is in a deep pit with steep slippery sides and he's struggling to get out.Along comes a doctor and the man yells up "hay doc, can you help me I'm stuck in this hole", so the doc writes out a prescription, tosses it into the hole and walks on.A bit later a priest comes by and the man yells up "Hay can you help me, I'm stuck in this hole", the priest writes him a prayer, tosses it into the hole and walks on.Later on his freind Joe comes by and the man yells up "Hay Joe can you help me I'm stuck in this hole" and Joe jumps down into the hole.The man looks at Joe and says "What the hell did you do that for, now we're both stuck down here"Joe looks to his freind and says "I know, but I've been down here before and I know a way out."
------------------------------------------------
Well dear reader you've stumbled this quasi-mystical journal enties. This particular town lies somewhere near Mumbo Jumbo, a little to the east of Gibberish and just to the north of Gobbledigook. This whole thing you know is "a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason! how infinite in faculty! in form and moving how express and admirable! in action how like an angel! in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the world! the paragon of animals!- William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act II Scene II

Being as I am the somewhat sedentary creature, part-time non-believer and " social leper" it is explained very easily (at least to me) by The Moody Blues. Yes I know eventually they say "I'm Just a Singer in a rock and roll band" BUT
"Go Now"
[The Days of Future Past - "Night is White Satin"]
"Long Summer Days"
"Please Think About It"
"Gimmie a Little Something"
"Simple Game"
"King and Queen"
"What Am I Doing Here"
In Search of the Lost Chord [ISOTLC]
On The Threshold of a Dream [OTTOAD]
To Our Children's Chidren's Children [TOCCC]
A Question of Balance[QOB]
Every Good Boy Deserves Favour [EGBDF]
Seventh Sojourn [SS]
Kick Off Your Muddy Boots (Graeme Edge Band) [KOYMB]
From Mighty Oaks (Ray Thomas) [FMO]
Blue Jays (Justin Hayward & John Lodge) [BJ]
Hopes Wishes and Dreams (Ray Thomas) [HWD]
The Promise (Michael Pinder) [P]
Paradise Ballroom (Graeme Edge Band) [PB]
Natural Avenue (John Lodge) [NA]
Songwriter (Justin Hayward) [Sg]
Octave [Oc]
"Forever Autum" (Justin Hayward, "War of the Worlds")
Long Distance Voyager [LDV]

The story as such starts with The Days of Future Passed - this being YESTERDAY - and as such you don't really need to hear it. The start proper is "Departure" the first track of ISOTLC so being the departure of the new adventure then there's the wild ride (See Saw) and discovery (Dr. Livingstone I Presume). You can (I hope) see where this is going. Each track is a self contained part of the whole - so you can play something from another album as a "prediction of the future" or as a "guide". So you progess through ISOTL to "Lovely to See You" on OTTOAD - like meeting someone who says "Wonderful day for passing my way....Lovely to see you AGAIN my freind. Walk along with me to the next bend" Then you get those "Dear Diary" days - "Dear Dairy, what a day It's been, it's been just klike a dream, woke up too late wasn't where I should have been. For goodness sake what's happening to me" Crystal clear - to me anyway. You dear reader are more than likely lost in the dark forest of confusion."So many people by the score - rushing around so senslessly. They don't notice people like me."Never comes the day for my love and me, he says. I feel her gently sighing as the evening slips away. If only you knew what's inside of me now, you wouldn't want to know me somehow. Are You Sitting Comfortable? A fleet of golden galleons on a crystal sea.[Story to invoke medieval times]
WITH THE EYES OF A CHILD" Listen hear the sound, the child awakes....wonder all around, the child awakes""Hark listen here he comes....turning, spinning, catherine wheeling, forever changing....speeding through a charcoal sky, observe the truth....travelling eternity road, what will you find there, carrying your heavy load, searching to find some piece of mind." On and on...track by track...album by album...the story continues...until you get to "I'm Just a Singer in a Rock and Roll Band" [SS]. Phew what a ride you think - BUT Kick off Your Muddy Boots and ride shotgun on the 4:42. And if Mighty Oaks grow from small acorns - what do you get from mighty oaks?? An acorn of course. Remember me my freind (circular you see - you are the one saying "Lovely to see you AGAIN my freind." [OTTOAD] - there you are again ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM " I dreamed last night I was hearing, hearing your voice....and the things you said well they left me, left me no choice...and you told me we had the power...and you told me this was the hour....well I dreamed last night you were calling, calling my name...you were locked inside of your secrets calling my name" See through Hopes, Wishes and Dreams to THE SEED (The Promise). There's a Natural Avenue to go to. Have a Ball - a Paradise Ballroom, you are Cindarella (or male equivalent) Write some Songs - then become the Long Distance Voyager "Won't you take me back to school, I need to learn the golden rule" (like going back to the start) "In my world it's heaven and earth when you're close to me. I could see that moment of truth when you spoke to me. In my world it's never to late we can both be free."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home