Intersections in Real Time

Saturday, February 04, 2006

A Day in the Strife

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Music of the moment: Gravy Train, (A Ballard of) A Peaceful Man, Vertigo spiral label, 1971 [sourced from vinyl copy of a Korean reissue on the Si-Wan label]

Food of the moment: a 3-minute microwavable panini bread with ham & three cheeses.

All of the titles to my blogs so far have been episode titles of the excellent SF series "Babylon 5". By the way you should have figured that one out by now.

BREAK ------

Perhaps not. Perhaps I am endowing the readfer with too much intelligence. After all Babylon is niche product placement. Anyway if you did great becasue you'll understand why I have called all my blogs after Babylon 5 episode titles. Mind you it could have been Star Trek as there are 5 incarnations with 3, 7, 7, 7 and 3 seasons respictively. Each season containing on average 26 episodes. You can see how complex this could have got. Instead I chose Babylon 5 a five year story arc therefore a closed loop.

Star Trek is great too. For the past month or so I have been watching 3rd-5th season Voyager episodes. That's been my "brain food" for a while.

Scientifically you cannot compare the two, despite their being science ficience fiction television shows. They are two completely different animals altogether.
I plumped for Babylon 5.

I started out tonight with my music. I organised the songs by year (in this case 1971), then by track name.

Therefore what followed after the Gray Train track, was the following tracks:

"(Theme From) Twilight" by New Lords, from New Lords
"A Picture of You" by Rick Wakeman from Piano Vibrations (skipped)
"A Prenormal Day at Brighton" by Jade Warrior from Jade Warrior
"A Tiny Book" by Fuschia from Fuschia (skipped)

Just finishing is:

"A Venture" by Yes from "The Yes Album"

Now starting:

"After You Came" by The Moody Blues from To Our Children's Children's Children

Now if you (the reader) have assembled all these tracks, then played them, then you have just repeated the experiment I set up at the start of this blog.

Now I am not looking at the list of songs being played. Therefore I don't know what comes next from my extensive library.

Let's have a look shall we??

It's "Alone in Georgia" by Gravy Train. Oh look abnother track from (A Ballard of) A Peaceful Man that we've had one of their songs earlier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hay, that was a good song. I liked that track (i.e. the title track of the album) hmm...there's another comming up soon. See what I mean.

The bloody system works!!!!!!

END BREAK -----

The point of that excplanation - blog titles are episode titles from Babylon 5 - was becasue unlike Star Trek titles, you can read a hell of a lot more into it than you can with StarTrek episodes

I found a piece of silver thread
Leading to bewliderment
It wound and wove all through my head
And disappeared into my imagination

I heard a melancholic sound
Tumble from the height above
Was smashed to semi-tones on the ground
And suckled into silence by the sleeping earth

I knew a child the other day
Her name was Resurrection
Her name is not the same today
She cast her fate in every fanciful direction

Born of suns's shining
Fusion of fire
Child of the Order
Of choas collision and burning desire
Yesterday I
Asked myself why
and where
and how
in the sky
Am I ?

She is beautiful and lost
Once a butterfly in the rain
Now a moth inside a lampshade
And still she seems ther same

Flying round and round the lightbulb
Look, here she comes again
Has she changed into a mirror
No, shes only changed her name

Swims the river of her mind
And there behold the queen
All alone amidst the ruins
Where her memories have been

Casting spells into the water
In the time she has between
Painting words on broken glass
With her poetry machine

- Lyrics by David McNiven from the song "Amaryllus" from the 1971 album Amaryllus by the band "Bread, Love and Dreams" (not Bread)

So when yoiu listen to the song you'll knoiw what's what.

HAVE A NICE DAY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home